Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012

Hey!

I hope that all is going well! It feels like I was just here emailing you. I guess that's probably because I emailed on Tuesday last week. So with my week I guess I will start on Wednesday then. So we saw Kingsley in the morning and he still says that he wants to be baptized but he just needs to come to church. He wasn't able to come this last sunday because he was at a funeral kind of far away so he will hopefully come this coming week. Then Thursday was kind of sad because we were finally able to go and see Nancy and she had just gotten back from visiting her hometown up in Wa and she told us that she talked to her parents about being baptized and they weren't too happy about it so she said she is just going to wait a little while because she doesn't want to cause a problem with her family.  I understand why she doesn't want to push it right now though. We will just have to hope that something happens soon. Then that night we had our mid-week and lots of people came so it was pretty fun. Then on Friday we saw Gladis and talked to her about selling her Banku on Sundays again. She says that she knows that she needs to but she is having a hard time stopping. She ended up selling on Sunday so she couldn't come to church. We'll just have to keep praying for her. Saturday was St. Patrick's Day and all I did was wear a green tie. We saw Frank and the lesson went good. He is just having a difficult time leaving his church. He said that he believes everything we taught him is true but he is just hesitant for now so we will just have to keep helping him. Then Bertha fed us some stuff called Ice Kenkey...it was kind of weird and Elder Belnap but we were able to eat it all. Then we went to a baptism at Nkwabeng and that is where we got transfer news and I found out that I will be staying in Sunyani for at least another 6 weeks! I could use a change, but it is nice being in a place that I know where everything is and I know a lot of people. On Sunday I taught the combined Relief Society and Priesthood class and it went good. Then we went to see Bertha and they surprised us again with more food. It was fufu with light soup and chicken. It was delicious but it was so much food! I almost died eating it all! Then we went to Sister Affiah's house and watched some of the D&C videos with them and then came back for the night. This morning our pump hasn't been working so we had to just get buckets of water from outside to wash our clothes, the dishes, and also to take our showers. It is not fun living out of buckets of water. So that was my week!  Have a great week everybody!

Love Elder Kitchen


District/Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment