Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 17, 2012

Hey again family!

So I'm going to start today with a funny thing that happened on Sunday. After we went to Kenkuase to visit there, we were leaving and we were lucky enough to have a taxi waiting by the trail to take us back to Nuamakrom so we wouldn't have to walk the four miles back.  Then I got in and noticed how ghetto and crappy the taxi was.  It was by far the worst one I've seen in Ghana...and that is saying something.  The windshield was completely cracked all over, it was covered with dust inside and the doors didn't really even close.  We jumped on in and then a bunch of other people piled in with us.  We ended up having four people in the backseat (all adults), and then the crazy part is that we had six people in the front! and there were only two seats.  There were two adults and two kids in the passenger side and two people in the driver seat.  The way my companion and I put it was that it was a jungle car.  The road is so crappy and we kept smashing the bottom of the car on the ground, and then the front right wheel got all jacked up and was rubbing up against the wheel well the rest of the way.  The car ended up dying right as it got to our destination.  It was pretty funny.

So I'm really looking forward to Christmas next week.  I can't believe it is already time to call home.  I'm excited to talk to you all soon.  This week I went to Foso again for a meeting with the stake presidency and I again had to sleep over there.  It's fun over there but it makes me so tired the next day.  I never sleep on time when I'm over there.  The meeting was good and the stake presidency is happy with the work that we are doing.  We are still preparing about two people or so to be baptized at the end of this month so I'm hoping that everything goes through with that. The baptism would be after Christmas though.  We played soccer today and I am so tired because we had to wake up at 5:00 am yesterday and today and also the game drained all of my energy.  I'm not excited to travel back up to Praso on that crappy tro tro.  I've become a travel machine since I have come to Praso.  Traveling here isn't fun at all either.  It's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.  I just can't wait to drive a car and have the A/C blowing in my face!  That's when riding in a car is awesome.  Well I guess we'll talk more next week. I'll email you next Monday...but if I don't, it's because the power was out or something and I'll just call home the next day!  Thanks everybody...I love you all.

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment