Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Hey...it's me again.

What's up everybody!  Thanks for the emails this week.  I swear if every week keeps going this fast then I'll be old and dying before I know it.  It was really nice to have all of those baptisms go because now I feel a lot less busy.  I guess we were still busy this week though because we went on splits for three days in a row with different companionships in our zone.  The first one I went out to be in an area called Nyenasi.  That place is a complete village.  It's clear out in the bush and there are just two missionaries there. I went with Elder Derry who I was in the MTC with and went around there.  One thing that I am going to miss a lot is eating fresh coconuts.  The little kids just climb up into palm tree and get them down and then they cut them open.  I love drinking that water that is inside. They just taste so good! The next day I was in my own area with a new missionary from Zimbabwe and it was a good day.  We starting teaching one woman that we met who has been taught by missionaries a long time ago.  Then the next day I was with Elder Glider in the other area in Praso.  We saw and killed a snake this week when we were at Nyenasi.  I hate snakes.  I know that Will would just love it here! There are so many different animals.  I finally tried the thing called grasscutter this week and it was actually really good. It tasted like chicken, but the only problem is that is looks like a big rat.  Sunday we had two investigators come to church.  We don't have as big of numbers anymore because of the last baptism. It's alright though because we will just go find more people! We have been teaching a Muslim girl which has been cool. She's very nice and accepting to us.  It would be pretty cool to baptize a Muslim before I finished my mission.  I can't believe it is already December now.  Less than one month and it will be 2013!  I thought that year would never come! :) Well, I'll talk to you all next week!  Have a great week everybody!

Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment