Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 19, 2013

Hey everybody! 
This week was great because we were able to see Elder Quentin L. Cook and the devotional was great!  He was also accompanied by Elder Dickson of the seventy and he spoke with his wife as well.  The day before we had the meeting, we had our zone leader council.  After the meeting, we stayed in Cape Coast with all of the zone leaders and had a dinner where we all contributed some money and then we had a testimony meeting after it.  It was probably one of the coolest experiences of my mission so far. The 14 zone leaders and the 2 AP's all sharing their testimonys together.  It really brought the Spirit in well.  Then my companion and then one other companionship went to sleep at the AP's apartment which means a hot shower and sleeping in the A/C!!!  They live on the same compound as the mission home so they get these nice things.  It was the best night of sleep that I have gotten in such a long time. I didn't have to sleep under a net and I felt cold so I had to put a big fleece blanket on myself!  The meeting with Elder Cook went great.  We were all able to shake his hand and it was awesome because it was the first time I have been able to shake the hand of and Apostle.  This weekend my companion and I have really been trying to get to know the few members that we have in our Praso branch. We've been visiting the branch president a lot and he is a great guy. He hasn't been in the church for too long but he has such a strong testimony and he will help the branch grow.  Everything else is going well.  It's still hotter then blazes out here but I guess that's normal now. :)  Well, have a wonderful week everybody!  Love you guys! 
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment