Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012

Hey everybody!

Thank you all so much for the happy birthday wishes. I had a good day yesterday and it has been a pretty good week. We had a zone conference on Thursday over in Cape Coast. We went over and met up with the Assin Fosu zone and had our meeting. We talked a lot about how we are going to try and use members a lot more in teaching and pretty much everything that we do. I think that it is really going to help the way we do missionary work here if we try to follow the new plan. Then the next day president and sister shulz came to the apartments and did apartment checks and interviews. Don't worry the apartment passed the cleaning test...we are living in very habitable conditions. ;) Sunday I woke up and it was my birthday!...but it didn't feel like anything. Haha. I just woke up and went to church. It turns out Elder Samai told a bunch of the people in the branch that it was my birthday so everybody was telling me happy birthday and stuff. It was really fun. After church, they gave me a coke and some biscuits and everything to eat later. Sister Achempong invited us over to eat dinner for my birthday and we ate spaghetti and stew with chicken. It was really good. It was fun to talk to them because they have lived in Utah for about 6 years and they have been to Lagoon and everything...so we were talking about all different kinds of things. So my birthday went pretty good....no complaints I guess. It didn't really feel like a birthday though. Then today we went to a place called Kakum. It's a place by Cape Coast where they have rope bridge type things over the forest. It was pretty cool. Then we went to a place on the way back where we were able to touch crocodiles. That was pretty cool too. Then we just came back to Swedru. We had to wake up at about 4:30 this morning so I'm really tired now. Thanks again for all of the birthday wishes. It was great to hear from all of you!
Have a great week!

Love Elder Kitchen

P.S.  Sam's mom asked him what he eats everyday and this is what he said.

I eat a lot of egg sandwiches, Indo Mie (top ramen), eggs, French toast,  and rice. 

He mentioned that he now loves many African dishes that he said, “I can’t believe I didn’t like them at first.”


Elder Samai and Elder Kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment