Monday, June 4, 2012

May 28, 2012

Hey everybody!

So this week went pretty good and it seemed to go really fast as well. Last Tuesday we went to district meeting at Odoben which is the other area in our district. It is in the middle of nowhere and it's a village but they have a nice chapel. After district meeting, we were all craving fufu so we went and found a chop bar and bought some nice fufu. It seems like I don't get it as much here so I am missing it. Then on Wednesday we had a good lesson with Dora, and her kids, Alice and Obed. The second counselor in the branch presidency came with us and we introduced the Book of Mormon to them. The lesson was great  and they were really happy to learn about it. Then on Thursday we walked a lot and only had a couple of appointments. At the end of the day I was tired and hungry so we bought banku and I got a lot of it and it was very good. It's funny to think that I absolutely hated it the first time that I tried it. Friday was also another day that was just full of lessons. I can't really think about which ones that they were so I guess I won't tell you about them. Then on Saturday we started by seeing an investigator named Jennifer. Then we went and saw a kid named Bless and also a girl named Afia. Nothing else really happened after that so that ended our Saturday. Sunday was a good day because lots of people brought their friends who aren't members. One of them was a family and the dad's name is Eric and his wife's name is Mercy. Also, a guy that is from Germany who is teaching school here for a year came with a member as well. Brett, I told him about you and how you served a mission in Germany and he thought that was pretty cool. After church we went around and had a few lessons before going and seeing Dora and her family again. We talked more about the Book of Mormon with them and we talked about how they need to read and pray about it to know if it is true. It was a really great lesson. After that, we went and met with Eric and his family with the members that know them. He was really nice and I'm excited to start teaching them. The last part of the week was really good. I was just happier for some reason and it felt good. I'm getting pretty good about knowing the area as well. I'm not as lost as I walk around now. So everything is going great! I love all of you guys back home! Have a great week!

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment