Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 12, 2013


Hey everybody!

Well, I can't believe that I am writing you my last email as a missionary.  I can't really describe the way I feel right now. I'm so excited but at the same time, I feel like I am going to be leaving my home behind again.  It seems like everyday I go through feelings of just wanting to be finished and then there are other times where I feel like I just don't want to leave. I've been so lucky to be able to finish my mission where I have in Sofokrom.  It is such a great place and the people here are amazing. It's the first time that I've served in a larger ward and so it's taken some of the other stresses away that I've had to deal with in other areas.  I feel like I've learned the most from these last four months or so.  This last week or so has been difficult to keep my mind here. Especially because my ministerial card that I carry with me expired on the 5th! (I'm proselyting illegally! ;)...)  This last week was focused a lot on baptisms, which did help me stay focused. I had to do quite a few interviews for those in my district and so I was really busy going to different places to do that and then also we were having a baptism as well.  The one we were baptizing did so well. She was even teaching the relief society how to make meat pies at the church a day before her baptism and so she is getting very involved with the members.  Some of the members and also I have been encouraging her to think about serving a mission as well because I know it would help her out so much and it would really bless her life.  She comes from a pretty poor family and she's been lucky to be receiving a high school education.

So now, I just have a little bit over a week left until I'm on a plane.  This week is going to be a fun week.  I'm really looking forward to the time that I'm going to be able to spend with those in my ward. We are going to be having the All-Africa service project on this Saturday and then throughout the week we'll be having some other random activities.  Then next Monday I'll be over to the mission home in Cape Coast and then Tuesday we'll go through the temple and then I'll be on my way to the airport.  I still can't believe it is time for me to come home.  It almost doesn't even feel real.  Well, I love you guys and thank you all for the support that you have shown me over these last two years.  You've helped me to have an experience that has changed my life and also many others lives as well. Can't wait to see you all next week!

Love Elder Kitchen

p.s. Can't wait for some awesome American food!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment