Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 25, 2011

Hey everybody!

This week was a pretty good week.  This has been a long but good week. I'll just start from the beginning.  Last tuesday at district meeting, the Bennett's left us a bunch of their food because they had no need for it so we just all split it up.  I got some peanut butter, cream of chicken soup, and some other good stuff.  It has been really nice but it is pretty much all gone now.  Then we had family night at the church on Wednesday and that was fun.  We taught them popcorn popping on the apricot tree this week.  It is really funny to see all
of these people singing these songs and doing the actions.  Thursday was just a boring day...pretty much everybody failed their appointments and it was just extrememly hot.  On Thursday, we went to teach Vivian in the morning and she surprised us with a bunch of Banku that she made for us. It was a little better this time, but it is still not my favorite.  It was with a tomato and onion sauce.  It also had sardines in it. It was my first time eating sardines and they really weren't that bad.  She is such a nice lady.  Her baptism is on this Saturday so that will be my first baptism.  We were suppossed to have more people baptized on Saturday but they have just stopped progressing so we are going to have to work on them a little bit more. The next day at night, we were teaching some people and we were pretty far away from the appartment and it started to pour.  It was about 9:00 at night so we waited for a little while, but we just decided to go because it kept getting worse.  So we were running back in the dark from the middle of the African bush while all of the dirt roads had turned to rivers.  It was so much fun!  We got completely soaked.  Luckily I was wearing my sandals and not my normal shoes. There was so much water everywhere!  Then we had church the next day and that went good.  I conducted sacrament meeting and I also gave a talk.  My talk was on exaltation so it probably went in one ear and out of the other for everybody in the audience but I had a good time. My talk was 20 minutes long and it only took about a half hour to prepare it.  Then yesterday, we went down to Kumasi for a zone conference where a member of the quorum of the seventy was there to talk to us.  His name was Elder Gavarret.  It was really cool to have him there.  The main point that I got out of the whole thing was that we need to be able to use the Book of Mormon better when we teach.  It was really long though.  It went from 10:00 AM- 4:15 PM.  I was really tired, then we had to get in a bus for another two and a half hours back up to Sunyani so I was really tired.  So that was my week.  I also got a package from Grandma Jensen when I was down in Kumasi. Thanks Grandma, I love you!  Well, I hope everybody has a good week this week!  I love you all!

Love Elder Kitchen

Elder Kitchen and Elder Hernandez with Elder Gavarret (member
of the 70) and his wife.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment