Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 13, 2012

What's up everybody!

So this week was another pretty good week.  We really just spent the whole week preparing for the baptism that we had on this last Saturday.  We had the interview with both Daniel and and little Deborah early in the week.  They both were very prepared.  It was so great to see Daniel get baptized because he was so prepared.  He was so excited and it was so cool to see how much it all meant to him.  On Sunday they all came and received the gift of the holy ghost and then after church Daniel even received the Aaronic Priesthood.  So that was a nice little weekend with the baptism that we had.  Also right after church we taught a lesson to a guy named Isaac.  He has been to church for about 4 weeks straight now and he even comes to the activities during the week as well.  He is a friend of the 2nd counselor.  We taught him up through the Book of Mormon and we asked him if he would like to be baptized at the end of this month and he accepted which was really cool.  Lately the branch seems to be trying really hard to help us and it has really been a great help.  When I first came out, especially because I was in Sunyani where there is not any members, I just tried to do everything by myself.  I just thought it was easier not to work with the members and everything.  Now I can just see how much more effective it is.  The people that we teach that have good friends in the church just progress so fast and they are so much more willing to come and learn.  We have been going around with the two counselors at least once a week and it really makes the work more fun.  I think when you see progress it makes things a lot easier and a lot less stressful.  Other then that we have just been pushing along and doing missionary stuff.  So I think that is about it.  Oh yeah...I got a call on Saturday night and it was the assistants and they told me that I was going to be the new district leader so I guess we will just have to see how that goes.  So thanks for the emails and I'll talk to you all next week! 

Love Elder Kitchen

  Elder Kitchen and Kojo - a very funny man who is nice to us.

Ping pong

Elder Kitchen and his pizza:D (to celebrate his one year mark)


Pretty view.

Daniel and Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment