Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27, 2012

Hey everybody! 

I hope you all had a great week!  Mine was just kind of normal as usual.  We are still preparing a few people to be baptized and that baptism will hopefully be this coming Friday but we still have a little bit of work to do with that.  President and Sister Shulz came to our district meeting and it was good to see them.  This week in the training of Elder Moore was week 11 which means I gave him the phone and the keys and became the junior companion for the week.  It was a really nice feeling to not be the one that was taking the lead in the planning and teaching situations.  Today we went to Cape Coast for our p-day and it pretty fun.  We played basketball for a while and I haven't really played that for a long time.  It's funny how out of shape I am.  I feel like I could walk for miles and miles but if I have to run for just a few minutes...I just die.  It doesn't help that it was pretty hot and humid today.  Transfers are this Saturday and we are pretty sure that they are going to put two more missionaries into our apartment so we would have six people in the apartment which would be a little crazy.  Nothing is for sure yet but the guy that supplies the apartments with stuff said he was bringing two beds to the apartment for two new missionaries so....we are pretty sure it's going to happen.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens because I'm not really sure where the two missionaries would do their proselyting and where they would go to church.  They are going to be opening up 10 new areas in the mission because there are a lot of missionaries coming but there aren't very many that are going home so there has to be places where the missionaries will go.  The mission split was sad but it has been really nice and I think it will help the church to grow so much more effectively here in Ghana.  It's still weird to think about how young the church is here compared to the church in the rest of the world.  The people here are just so receptive to everything and that is why the church has grown so fast here. The only problem is finding good leadership in the church to help it grow better. Sometimes it seems like the church is growing too fast but I guess that is a problem that we will just have to deal with.  So I might have interesting news to tell you next week about the transfer but I guess we will just have to wait and see!  Have a great week everybody!

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment