Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 20, 2012

Hey everybody!

It was great to hear from you all and it seems like you are all just doing great!  So this week was just another normal week.  Nothing really too crazy happened over here.  I'm trying to remember some of the things that happened.  We are trying to prepare some more people for baptism and that is always stressful because we always try to work in an organized manner but Ghanains are just so laid back and relaxed that they kind of slow things down and mess with the timing but it's all still going well.  Yesterday at church Daniel blessed the sacrament and he did a great job.  After church we were going around with the branch presidency and we went to Daniel's place and we started to teach his wife.  She is pregnant and will probably have her baby at the end of this month or the beginning of next month.  She is really quiet and shy but I'm sure that she will start to come to church with Daniel.   The funny thing is that I'm really starting to love this area. I really don't want to get transferred very soon because it seems like there is a lot of potential here.  Now that I've said that I know I'll probably leave. Haha.  We've been working really well with the branch presidency and it has been helping us a lot.  We have about 4 baptisms coming up soon and maybe a potential of about 4 more that I can think of right now.  It might take a little bit of time but I'm pretty excited with what is happening here.  It's completely different from my last area because that place we were trying to build the foundation of the church there out of nothing but here we have a decent foundation so it makes it easier to go out and work and actually see some progress.  So everything is going well and I'm happy.  Soon we'll be entering into September and that is just crazy to me that we are hitting the last 1/3 of the year.  This year has just flown by.  Last year at this time I was just about leaving the MTC...it's crazy how much has changed.  Well, thanks for the updates everybody and I'm glad you're all safe!  Love you guys!

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment