Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012

Hello again from Ghana!

So for this last week, it seems like everything was just one long day and it's all blended together.  I'm trying hard to think of what's happened but I just can't remember.  Oh yeah, so on Friday we went out to Kenkuase again.  It feels like it was like a month ago that we did that.  We hitched a ride with a guy going there so luckily we didn't have to walk so far.  We got there and one of the members showed us around everywhere.  He took us to some investigators and members that live there.  We honestly went into the jungle to go and visit people.  We walked 40 in one direction while we were walking through Cocoa tree farms and then we randomly showed up at a place where there were a few mud huts and we taught a part member family there.  I tried cocoa beans and they are extremely gross.  I can't believe something as great as chocolate can originate from something so bitter and gross.  If I smell drying cocoa beans again I think that I'll throw up.  I felt like I was going to die out cause it was so hot but it ended up being cool.  That place is so cool...there's no phone reception or electricity and it is on the border of the Kakum national forest but I love it there. I just wish it wasn't so far away.  Sunday we had stake conference so we all went to Assin Foso to where the stake center is and watched a broadcast from Salt Lake that was for all of Africa.  They just recorded it and had all of the Stakes and Districts show it on this last Sunday.  The meeting was great and it was great to hear the prophet speak since it's been quite a while since I have done that.  We even got to ride to the conference in an air conditioned bus!  Ghana is too dang hot...I'm sweating through my clothes as we speak! Haha. Today for P-day we went to the castle in Elmina which is next to Cape Coast.  It is the largest slave castle in all of West Africa.  It was sad to see the conditions that they had to pass through during those times. It was not a good time in history at all.  This week is going to be extremely hectic with interviews and stuff for the whole zone...I'm not looking forward to it at all. I'll let all of you know how everything went next week.  Well, thanks for everything and have a wonderful week everybody!

Elder Kitchen 


Mission Tour Sitati 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment