Monday, November 5, 2012

Novemeber 5, 2012

What's up everybody!

This week was probably one of the most tiring weeks ever. One Wednesday night, we went out on splits with some Elders in a village called Nyenasi and I had to sleep on the floor which was just cement so that was extremely uncomfortable. Then we were with them for half of the day on Thursday before we came back to Praso just to go and get another tro tro to go to Assin Foso to have a meeting witht the stake presidency and the Foso zone leaders to talk about the missionary work that is happening in the Assin Foso stake. The ride there is just about 39 km but it is on a terrible dirt road and the tro tro is just bad. My shirt was completely brown by the time that we got there and I was so sweaty and gross. We had to sleep over in Foso after the meeting and then in the morning we went back to Praso on another crappy tro tro where I had a huge goat sitting under the seat by me. It kept making noise the whole time that we were going. When we got back we went and showered and got ready and then I went out with one of the Elders in another village called Hemang and I was with him for the rest of the day. I was happy that I was at least able to sleep in my bed that night. The next morning we went on splits with the Elders in my apartment and I went with Elder Cavaness. He's a great guy. He just came out, but he is really trying to work hard. So then Sunday my companion decided to go out to a village that is really far away where we have a branch but there a no missionaries there. We went because the branch president said that he has some people for us to teach. We took that crappy dirt road to a small village called Nuamakrom and then we had to walk four miles down a small path that we just in the African bush. There is no electricity or phone service in that place and they worship in a small school house that is falling apart. It was really cool to be there for church though. The walk back was not fun because we had to walk the four miles back and we were also carrying a big bag of oranges and bananas that the people gave us. I slept extremely well last night. It was just a long but successful week. Back at Praso ward some of our investigators that we are teaching came to church so we were happy about that. Life is cool here, but busy. Thanks for everybody who sent me the emails…it was great to hear from you!

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment