Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 11, 2013


Hey everybody! 
This week has gone well as usual.  We had our stake conference this week and so we went to Assin Foso to the stake center.  The meeting was presided by Elder Dickson of the seventy.  I've talked a lot about him because he is the area president here and so I've had the opportunity to hear him talk a lot.  He is such an amazing man.  He said in his talk that he would be speaking in the coming General Conference so make sure you listen for him because he is by far my favorite Seventy.  He told us about how it has been fifty years this month since he had his arm amputated from having bone cancer and at the time, the doctors told him that he would have almost a zero percent chance of living.  He ended up serving a mission just 8 months later and he was having to learn to do everything with just his left arm.  He was talking to the missionary age people and he was telling them that they need to go and serve missions.  One of our newer investigators even came to the stake conference with us.  She's progressing really well and her aunt that she is living with is the relief society president.  So some of you were saying that you were expecting me to get transferred...haha don't be expecting that until possibly the end of May.  I might be calling home in the same area as I did at Christmas.  I'm pretty sure that I only have one more area to go to before I finish.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens though.  Life is still going well, Ghana's still hot but I love it! haha.  (I'm sweating profusely as I am writing this...)  Thanks for all you guys do for me. I love all of you so much! Have a wonderful week!

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment