Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5, 2011

Hey everybody!

It was nice to get all of the emails.  All of the days over here are starting to blend together.  We teach lessons all day and that's about it.  I don't know if I've told you all this, but in Sunyani, the missionaries run the churches.  We are the smallest place because we are a unit.  Everybody else in Sunyani is a branch.  Yesterday I conducted sacrament meeting! So that was a crazy experience. We also confirmed three new members and gave two of them the Aaronic Priesthood so yesterday was a pretty busy day.  The people here are extremely nice, but that sometimes causes problems because they will just lie to your face because they don't want to make you mad.  They will call us and tell us to meet them at a specific time and then they won't be there.  They are all kind of flaky but they are very nice people.  So I'm trying to think of the eventful things that happened this week...I stepped in a huge nasty thing of mujd and possible human waste the first time I wore my sandals.  That was really gross because it smelled really bad and I wasn't able to clean it off until after our next two appointments. So it is still hot and very humid here and I guess it will only get hotter.  I'm having to get used to the smell too.  Africa is kind of a smelly place.  I'm getting used to the food.  I had a very good egg sandwich from some little street vendor.  I could get used to eating that all of the time.  I don't know if I said this last time but in my apartment, there is Elder Akpan from Nigeria, Elder Eldredge from Idaho, and my companion Elder Hernandez.  I'm pretty lucky because we all get along really well.  So I just remembered one thing that happened.  I almost got hit by a car!  The dang taxi was on the wrong side of the road and almost hit some other car so he had to swerve off of the road and he almost hit me.  I had no clue what was going on so I didn't even move out of the way.  Elder Hernandez was wondering how the car didn't hit me because it was so close.  I need to get better organized with my thoughts. I'll tell you about one of my investigators.  His name is Elijah and he is a really nice guy.  We just introduced the Book of Mormon to him and it was way awesome to see his face.  It just seemed liked something clicked for him and everything made sense to him.  I love those parts of the lessons that we teach.  We taught 24 lessons this past week and that was with half of the people failing their appointments.  Sorry this email is so bad.  I will make sure next weeks is a lot better.  I love you all and keep sending me emails because I love them.  Sorry if I don't respond sometimes.  I get a little short on time here at the cafe.  I love you all and can't wait to here from you next week!

Love, Elder Kitchen  

No comments:

Post a Comment