Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 28, 2011


Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

We had a pretty good week this week!  This week, a miracle happened on Wednesday.  Not one of our appointments failed! It was so sweet because we taught so many lessons!  Also, we got two people commited for baptism this coming Saturday.  I'm pretty positive about one of them being baptized but I'm really hoping that the other one will be too.  Then, the hightlight of my week....THANKSGIVING!!!! You all probably were thinking..."Oh poor Sam, he's in Africa and will have bad food for Thanksgiving..."  But you are all wrong!!! It was the best dinner that I have had in Ghana!  We had mashed potatos, homemade chicken gravy, stuffing, chicken, corn, chips, minerals (soda, for you American speakers), chocolate pudding and jell-o!  It was so good!  I can honestly say that it rivaled past Thanksgivings that I have had. Then we just sat around the table and talked about what we are thankful for and stuff.  So thanksgiving was pretty sweet.  Then I woke up at 6:30 the next morning and thought about all of the people back home that were about to be busting into stores and going crazy in about a half hour.  The two people the came to my mind were Jeff and Kyle.  Did you guys go black friday shopping again?   So I had potatos and gravy on Friday for lunch.  Even though there wasn't leftovers...I thought I would make some leftovers.  Those instant mashed potato things are really good!  I got the Christmas package that Dad and Cindy sent.  It got here really fast.  I heard that I got a package and I was really excited but then I figured out that I couldn't see what was in it until christmas so I was like, Dang it! Haha. Sunday was sweet too because we had a few really awesome investigators come to church. Hopefully they will keep coming the next couple of weeks because I know that will really help them.  We watched a film called
The Lord's Errand today for our p-day activity.  It was a really sweet film about President Monson's life.  Then we just wandered around town until we came to email. So  this week was pretty sweet.  I'm glad everybody had a good Thanksgiving! I'm really thankful for all of you and am glad to have such a good support group from my family and friends. I love you all!

Love Elder Kitchen



Thanksgiving 2011 in Africa.

All the good food.

Excited about all the good food!

Elder Kitchen and Elder Eldrege


No comments:

Post a Comment