Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011

Hey everybody!

What's going on back home?  Africa is just the same as it has been for the last four months.  The beginning of the week was sweet because we watched conference on Tuesday during district meeting.  We watched the sunday morning session of this last conference.  I loved watching it this year.  I don't know why I used to complain while I watched it.  Then the rest of the week was pretty normal.  We just taught some lessons and stuff but we were a little more busy because we were trying to make sure that we had the two people that were getting baptized ready.  Luckily we got them both ready and everything went great.  So we were able to baptize both of those investigators and it was really sweet.  I love being able to see the change that happens in their lives when they learn about the gospel.  I can honestly say that they always just seem so much happier when they accept it and begin to live it.  It is so sweet!  Friday was fun too because Elder Eldredge and I went on splits and that was our first time doing that since I have been to Ghana.  We both came up to Sunyani together so we have been in the same apartment for a while.  We had a lot of fun especially when we decided to get pizza for lunch! It was so good!  I miss having pizza a lot back home.  I just miss good food in general. haha.  But I guess I would say that the highlight of my week was the baptism.  Church was stressful though because there were only about 5 people there when we started and by the end there were 22 people but about 14 of them were kids!  Sometimes it's really difficult to get people to come to church on time...let alone at all.  The work is still going though and we are doing our best and that's all we can do.  The rest is out of our hands.  So my week was good but stressful.  It sounds like everybody got hit pretty hard with a storm!  I hope everybody is okay.  If I was in freezing cold weather with wind right now I think that I would die because I don't think I've been in a temperature below like 80 degrees since like May or June!  I'm going to have a difficult time the first winter that I get back.  I won't miss the sweating though.  Honestly, I smell terrible all of the time.  haha. Well, I hope everybody is doing well! I love you guys a lot!  Have a great week and be safe!

Love Elder Kitchen   




No comments:

Post a Comment