Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23, 2013

Hey everybody!

This week has been a little busy but also really great!  Wednesday was transfer so we had to deal with all of the people coming and going from our zone and then I got my new companion, Elder Kariuki from the station.  He's from Kenya and he has been out for about 18 months. He's a quite guy and he's really cool.  The rest of the week I was mainly just showing him around our area.  Now that Elder Oseghe is going to be in Nuamakrom, I won't be going there expect on splits so it is no longer a part of our area.  It took out a big chunk of our area but it will help us to focus on helping the branch to progress.  On Sunday we had a great meeting with the branch leaders.  We all talked about the different things that we need to be doing to bring up the activity in the church.  We're really starting to work more as a team then we were before. I feel like it makes it so much more effective when we work with them because it is their branch and we are pretty much just visitors.  During the weekend, we went to the Relief Society President's house and her daughter was visiting from Kumasi with her kids and I found out that Elder Belnap is serving in her branch and she knows him really well. She even called him to say hello while I was there. It was fun to see how he is doing because ever since the mission split, I don't really know how he is doing.  The lady's name is Sister Leticia.  Last night she invited us over for a little FHE and she made cake and it was so delicious.  Her little kid is not easy to handle though!  During church this week, I was just barely able to escape with a few scratches and only one bite mark! Haha.  I swear, there is always at least one kid who wants to attack me at church in all of my areas.  Sister Leticia felt really bad but I just laughed.  It was pretty funny.  Well, I guess we'll talk next week! Have a great week everybody!

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment