Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2, 2013

Hey everybody! 
I just had another normal week.  Easter was fun but it sure is a lot different then it is at home. The people where I am didn't really seem to celebrate it much even compared to last year in Sunyani.  This week we were pretty busy trying to get the baptism prepared and everything to go smoothly.  I ended up coming down to Cape Coast so that I could do an interview for the Sisters because they were having a baptism.  Saturday was the baptism and it went smoothly.  I still really love that village, Nuamakrom.  The people there are just so simple but so nice and genuine.  It's weird to think about their lives there compared to our lives back home and what we feel like is important compared to what they think is important.   It's a whole different world there.  Sunday we also went to Nuamakrom for church.   We even met the bishops son who is not a member because he has been living away from home for a while but he knows a lot about the church and wants us to teach him.  Yesterday was a public holiday for Easter so the church in Praso had game and activities at the  church in the morning so we went and played some games and stuff with the members.  This coming week is going to be a busy one. I don't even think I'll have enough time to really even be in my area.  We are going to be traveling quite a bit and next week will probably be similar.  I'm getting really tired of traveling because it's the most uncomfortable way of traveling here.  You get packed into a tiny van the has more seats then it's supposed to and then you go over extremely bumpy roads and the van has no shocks so it just shakes the whole time. Haha.  It's always an adventure getting in one of those things.  So life is going well...I can't believe it's April already. The months just keep flying by! Well everybody, have a great week! 
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment