Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 8, 2013

Hey everybody!

This week we were very focused out in Nuamakrom because there is a family that we are teaching that will hopefully be baptized soon. We have a goal in the mission to baptize a family and so we are hoping that they will be baptized at the end of the month to achieve the goal.  On Saturday we went out to Nuamakrom and then walked to a little village outside there called Afosua and met up with the family early in the morning. None of them really speak english but we still went out to their farm with them and helped them with some palm nut stuff and also their rice farm.  Their boy who is about 14 was showing me how to catch mud crabs in rice farm.  Where the rice is it's really wet so they dig small holes and it fills with water and then the crabs go there so that they can reach their hands in and catch.  I was so exhausted but it was so much fun.  The mother and father weren't able to come to church on Sunday because they had to protect the rice from birds but their three older kids came to church.  Sunday we went to both Nuamamkrom church and Praso church because Praso is going to church at noon now.  I'm still hoping that they will be putting missionaries in Nuamakrom but I'm not sure if it will happen until May now.  Everything else is going well and I'm happy.  I'm tired right now because we played soccer for our activity today so I'm going to go and get some rest. I love you guys!

Elder Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment