Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013

Hey everybody!
I've had such a great week and also day today!  Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!  I've had a pretty good birthday today.  I'm sitting in a vodafone cafe and so I'm actually pretty freezing because of the a/c, also because we were walking in the rain most of the day so I am pretty soaked.  So last Wednesday I left Praso and went and met the person that I would be training. His name is Elder Moffitt from South Jordan, Utah.  He's a really good kid and we have been getting a long really well. So from there we went to our new area  which is called Sofokrom which is about 15 km outside of Takoradi. It's a small town but it has so many members there.  The church has been there for quite some time.  We don't live in our area and so we have to take a short tro tro ride everyday.  Our welcome into the area was really great. The members have been so nice to us and willing to help because we are both new to the area and so we don't know where to go or anything.  So once we got to the area, we just started getting to know places and everything.  Saturday was a lot of fun because there was chapel cleaning and so we went so that we could meet a lot of the members and then after they set up a volleyball net and we played with them. The only problem is that I tore a huge hole in my shirt! Haha, don't worry though, I was able to fix it with my needle and thread. :)  Church on Sunday was great because there were so many people at church!  I haven't been in a place like it since I was home. I'm really excited to have this as my final area.  Today we all came to Takoradi and played soccer and basketball.  It was fun to see a lot of the missionaries that I hadn't seen in a long time.  We ate some good fried rice for lunch and the other missionaries paid for me because it was my birthday!  So pretty much, I'm really loving everything right now.  I can't believe it's actually June of 2013 already.  I don't know how I'm going to leave this place in August.  haha. Well, thanks again everybody for the birthday wishes!  I'll talk to you all next week!

Love Elder Kitchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment