Monday, August 22, 2011

August 12, 2011

Hey! I have sent a letter to you but I do not think that it is there yet.  They just got their computer lab up and running.  Everything went really well on my way to Ghana.  I made it to Atlanta and met up with about 8 other missionaries.  It has been a pretty crazy week.  The food has not been very good and I'm really having to get used to it.  We have classes pretty much everyday and it gets really long and boring.  My companion is Elder Orobator from Nigeria.   I'm having to get used to these keyboards, they are really weird.  Whenever you send packages, it would be great if you just sent some beef jerky and food like that.  Also I would like some more pictures of everyone and stuff.   I also need a plug adapter so that I can charge my camera.  I think you can get them from Walmart and you can just make sure it works for Ghana.  This week has felt like a really long week.  I can't really remember what has happened.  The letters I sent will have more information about the first days and stuff.  Yesterday we went to the temple and it was really fun.  It was a really small temple though.  There are 56 missionaries in the MTC with us I think  and well over half of them speak only french.  This isn't p-day so I don't have too much more time to write, but I really just wanted to make sure that you knew that I was here and safe.  If you could forward this to everybody and stuff.  I need peoples emails so that I can write them all down.  My next p-day is on Tuesday so that is when I will write next.  I hope everything is going really well.  I love all of you back home and miss you a lot.  Send me a letter before Tuesday so that I can have something else to write to you guys.

Love you all so much, Elder Kitchen


August 7, 2011

Dear Mom,

I hope you know that I made it safe. It’s Sunday today. They only let us write letters during our resting time on Sundays. I made it safely to Ghana after an extremely long plane ride. It felt like forever. I slept on the plane for about half of the time. We had a two hour delay in Atlanta so we were pretty late to the MTC. I traveled from Atlanta with 7 other missionaries from the U.S. They are all a lot of fun and we are all hanging out here at the MTC together. We have 57 missionaries here and there are 9 white guys, but one guy is from France. About 2/3 of the missionaries speak French and the rest speak English. The Hymns are fun because we are all either singing in French or English. The food is pretty gross but I’m trying to eat it. They give you so much food and I never eat the whole thing. The only thing that I actually like is the pineapple! Crazy, huh? It tastes really good. More like the candy pineapple. We have mainly just done a lot of classes and stuff. I’m getting pretty bored of the MTC. I just want to go out and start teaching. My companion is a guy named Elder Orobato from Nigeria. He is a really nice guy. He irons my shirts and shines my shoes for me. I told him not too, but he was really persistent so I didn’t complain. I need to take him everywhere on my mission with me! I room with my companion, Elder Adair from Arizona and Elder Ighama from Nigeria. The Africans decided that we should go to sleep at 12:00 and wake up at 5:00! All of us Americans keep yelling at them to go to sleep. It’s pretty funny. So pretty much I’m pretty tired the whole time. It’s really humid but not too hot right now. They have got really nice air conditioners in the classrooms so it is nice. Well, I hope there isn’t anything else I was going to say. I hope to hear from you soon! Tell everybody hello for me.

Love Elder Kitchen

P.S. I forgot to say that I leave the MTC on the 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment