Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 2, 2012

So my New Year was alright.  It was the first time that I didn't stay up until midnight for I don't even know how long.  So I guess I'll just tell you about my week then.  Last monday night we had a party with all of the members at Nkwabeng and Fiapre.  There was food, christmas music and some fireworks.  It was a lot of fun and it was good to have our Fiapre members there because they were able to meet some more members of the church here in Sunyani.  Then on Tuesday we had fufu at Sister Affiahs house because Elder Eldredge was leaving for Kumasi, so it was his farewell dinner.  So Wednesday was sad because Elder Eldredge left and he has been up here in Fiapre with me since I got here so it was weird to see him go.  Then it was just a normal day of teaching people and all that fun stuff.  On Thursday while we were out proselyting, there was a huge group of little kids that were all yelling and telling us to give them money so I started to chase them just like I always do.  They were laughing and running away but then one kid just fell hard on his face like he was sliding headfirst into homeplate.  I hurried and picked him up from the ground and he was crying and I didn't know what to do because I felt bad so I just grabbed 20 pesewas out of my pocket and put it in his hand.  Right as I did that he stopped crying...I wonder if he tricked me into doing that.  Oh well, I felt bad.  It was really funny and Elder Belnap was just laughing at me.  Then New Years Eve was just normal.  We didn't really do anything different at all.  We went to a baptism at Estates and then just went back to the apartment.  It was so busy because everybody was going to their churches.  Everyone here goes to church and they do like prayer service things all night long.  We could here them pretty much all night because they were loud.  There were a few people doing fireworks and those kinds of things but we just went to bed.  I wanted to stay up but then I just thought what am I going to do.  So I just went to sleep so I wasn't tired the next day.  So I woke up and it was a new year.  Well, it was for me.  It was still 2011 for all of you guys when I woke up so I celebrated with you a little bit when it hit 7:00 AM here.  Sunday was good. We had a decent number of people at church and a lot of kids.  Elder Belnap and I took care of the primary and that is always exhausting.  It went good though.  Then we just went out and taught some lessons.  It was extremely hot yesterday and I was just dying.  It will be a nice feeling to be able to sit in an air conditioned house on a hot day and not feel extrememly uncomfortable.  So my week was pretty normal.  I love you guys and hope everything is going well!  I love all of you and Happy New Year! 
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment